Does this mic work with voip applications for ipod touch 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by icypsp, Mar 23, 2009.

1. icypsp

icypsp New Member

There is only one at my local Toys R us
    and i need to know if it is compatible with my second generation ipod touch for voip applications and voice recorder applications.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=277661

oh yea i do not think i over post because when i searched for the answer my self i got zero results everytime.
  2. Deadhead

Deadhead New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That's a pretty nifty little device there. But why not just get the iPhone earbuds for half the price. they actually do a very good job with recording applications. They pick up more sound than I thought they would.
  3. icypsp

icypsp New Member

At my Toys R Us it cost 15$
    but at walmart those earbuds cost 30$
    the adapter mic is on clearence.
    also with the Belkin mic would i be able to hear what my friend has to say while using a voip application
    with that mic on my ipod touch 2g?
  4. Deadhead

Deadhead New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    not sure, but for 15 bucks you can find out and return them if they don't work.
  5. IPT2grookie

IPT2grookie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know that for $10-$15 there are other microphone adapters that'll work. I just found one at Best Buy for $15 and it works - the MonsterCable SoniTalk - it works with Fring no problem.

It plugs into the headphone jack and you plug headphones into them... I've also seen posts that the Phillips microphone adapter (available at Target for $10) works well.

It would be nice to have a mic like that which will let you listen to the speaker rather than use the headphones.

Please report back and let us know as I've seen that Belkin mic at a local store and it has been sitting on the racks for a loooong time.

Rookie