Does this keyboard work with iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BLKLBL, Jun 30, 2010.

1. BLKLBL

BLKLBL Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  2. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Well if it's Bluetooth compattiable it might but sometimes it requires drivers, look it up on google !..
  3. Rhino1515

Rhino1515 New Member

Most Likely

Hey, BLKLBL!
    I think you'll be in luck. My partner has a 3GS and recently upgraded to iOS 4.
    We were investigating Bluetooth keyboards online tonight when I remembered I had purchased (many years ago) a Bluetooth keyboard for a Palm I used to own. It's the exact Palm Bluetooth Keyboard 3245WW you asked about. We dug it out, put in new AAA batteries and ....
    Voila, it paired in seconds and worked like a charm. All of the standard keys worked normally -- typing was a breeze.
    BUT, the Alt and Function key combos either didn't work or gave unexpected results.
    For instance, Fn+Comma should have produced a C with a cedilla, instead it produced the 'ae' ligature seen in old spellings of 'archaeology' and so forth.
    I think those key combos were set up on the Palm by loading drivers to the unit. I don't think this is possible on the iPhone.
    But, otherwise, the keyboard (including the small slide-out stand) worked perfectly on the iPhone 3GS -- and should work just as easily with the iPhone 4.
    (I've got an iPhone 4 on order. I'll test it and let you know how the keyboard works as soon as the phone arrives!)
    - Rhino1515
  4. BLKLBL

BLKLBL Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanx for the detailed response Rhino I really appreciate it! You really helped me out a lot thank you :] I'm looking forward to hearing how things go when you get your iPhone 4.....But I'm sure it's going to work exactly as you described since you tested it on iOS 4. It gives me a lot of confidence just from your test already that this keyboard will work perfectly for what I need to do with the iPhone 4. I just need numbers, letters & regular characters so it sounds like it will suit my needs.

Thank you for your help and extra effort! :]