Does this downgrade method work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iKaos, Apr 28, 2010.

1. iKaos

iKaos Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Heey~!

I'm planned to downgrade my new bought iPod Touch 32GB 3G firmware 3.1.3 (7E18) to firmware 3.1.2 and I'm from The Netherlands (In case it matters)

So I found this video on Youtube (It's the most recent one I can find) and I hope someone can confirm that this method with this program is working fine and is stable for my iPod Touch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akCHGAqqDAQ

Or, do you you know an other perfect working method to downgrade that is better and recommended by other people, please can you tell me how or give me a link to it.

I hope someone can help me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks in advance!

Yours,

iKaos
  2. dartky

dartky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    oO, I checked the comments there, everyone is sayins the video rocks and bla bla bla.. but I don't know...I'm gonna scan it to checxk if it has virus just gimme a minute

EDIT:lol you must make a survey... come on, fake.

Edit2: answering your question, you only can downgrade if you have your SHSH saved on saurik's server...and if you didn't make a full restore

3. iKaos

iKaos Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thank you for your fast reply!

How can I see if I have my SHSH saved on saurik's server? And I haven't done a full restore before.
  4. Gtamario

Gtamario Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's not a fake, but the SHSH blobs must be saved on Saurik's server berfore a downgrade
  5. iCeD00D

iCeD00D New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    LOL no evidence at all that it worked. No before or after video/pixs of the ipod plus for all you know that program could be a trojan .. use at your own risk IMO .. But I'd call it a fake..
  6. iKaos

iKaos Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, I thrust you guys, because you all are more experienced at this then me.

@Gtamario, how can I save my SHSH so I can downgrade my iPod Touch?

Btw, what does "SHSH" mean?
  7. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

iKaos: you have to have already jailbroken 3.1.2 on that device and saved those SHSH blobs on the server using Cydia. If nobody jailbroke that iPod on 3.1.2 before you, you're out of luck.
  8. iKaos

iKaos Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    D*mn, my iPod Touch hasn't been jailbroken before

When I got my iPod Touch it came with 3.1.3

So I have to wait for a 3.1.3 jailbreak?

Btw, what does "SHSH" mean?
  9. iCeD00D

iCeD00D New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    For the 3.1.3 question -- Yes but keep checking back on the forums. We should hear something by the end of the week.

Best way to explain the SHSH files is they are like your social security number. It's unique to each ipod ... By backing these up, you can restore to a previous firmware. Asuming you have the firmware and files. There's a sticky here that talks about backing up your SHSH files. I'd read that over to get familar with it. Hope this helps..
  10. ibebyi

ibebyi New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Basically, a 3g ipt (MC version) 3.1.3 jailbreak has not been released. Thus, the only option was to downgrade to 3.1.2 and jailbreak that. However, apple stopped signing the 3.1.2 firmware. Thus, when users tried to recover into that firmware, they'd get an error saying the firmware couldn't be validated. So they were "stuck" on the 3.1.3 firmware. But someone (I believe saurik?), in his/her ultimate wisdom, found a way to mimic apples servers which sign the firmware. However, because shsh and ecid are device specific, one needed to upload that info to saurik's server during the period of time apple was still signing the old firmware. Thus people who did so were able to downgrade to their old firmware.