Does the iPod Touch 2g Have....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by parklaneyido, Dec 29, 2008.

1. parklaneyido

parklaneyido New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ......A scratch resistant screen? The reason being is that I have a screen protector on my touch at the moment which looks really scruffy and marks easily. I only got the touch for xmas and it looks months old already with it on.

Cheers
  2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    the screen protector you have will age much quicker than the Touch's own glass screen (unless it's glass itself).

to answer your question, the Touch's screen is pretty scratch resistant, much more than the metal casing surrounding it, which can scratch/chip a lot more easily, but no, it isn't impervious to scratching and/or chipping and/or cracking if mall-used and abused. It's only glass after all.
  3. parklaneyido

parklaneyido New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cheers for that, I think I'll take it off. I realised that the metal casing would be vulnerable to scratches etc so I've got a crystal case to protect that!
  4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i used mine without any protection over it for a few months (i figured it looks just uber cool on it's own). the glass screen performed admirably, but the chrome back and the gun metal sides got scratched to buggery. i've got my leather flip case back on now

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. 16Gigs

16Gigs New Member

Don't worry about the screen looking bad with a protector, but I bet you would be even more annoyed if it was the actual screen that looked like that.. I use a protector now and I've found that it does look scruffy, but I'm not worrying about having to wash my hands before use =D
    As a cover for my iPod I use one of those rubber Gecko covers. It gives you good grip on the iPod, aswell as fantastic scratch protection.
    Ok, I'll shut up now XDD