Does the IPhone have the same drivers as the Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bdrool, Nov 30, 2007.

1. bdrool

bdrool New Member

I was thinking about getting an IPhone but will it have the issue as the touch? Please read my string on the USB issue I have with the Touch. The Touch and the IPhone are very similar but the IPhone has been out much longer. Is it worth it to even try or should I even try and give up on APPLE all together.
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You should probably stick to the same thread, it would be less confusing

Please Register or Log in to view images

You'll have the same with an iPhone and an iPod, unless the problem you have is due to a defect iPod. To rule that out, maybe you can try on another computer?

Some USB2.0 devices will work on USB1.1 ports, so it doesn't necessarily make your USB a 2.0, what do the specs of your system tell exactly?

Driver update?

Check this, too: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11955
  3. bdrool

bdrool New Member

The spec on my computer is 2.0. Also, my kids 80gig IPod, which requires 2.0, works just fine.
  4. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There are so many threads about USB problems, and not many of those problems are solved by software apparently :/

You should definitely make the trip to the store and have a replacement, it's too bad to get frustrated because of what is possibly a defect, the iPod is a great piece of hardware.