Does the iPhone Calendar work on iPhone and sync with iCal?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Madmonkey, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Madmonkey

Madmonkey New Member

Hey,

Does the Calendar App from the iPhone not only work with the iPod touch but sync with iCal? Without the syncing it's probably not worth it.

Also, what is the likelihood that the next firmware update from Apple will brick Touches that have been jailbreaked? I ask because I notice 1.1.1 is still very buggy (mine seems to often show the 'play' icon in the top-right even when it's playing nothing). If once I jailbreak I can't update anymore, I would rather have a more stable firmware foundation before hacking it.

Thanks!

MM
  2. dillon2011

dillon2011 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    The will Probably hack the next update but don't update until you here of it getting hacked it just like the psp and you have to restore be fore you can update with a jailbroken ipot
  3. dem1980

dem1980 New Member

it seems that when you sync your mobilecal with your computer, your mobilecal lose the "add" button
  4. Madmonkey

Madmonkey New Member

That's quite interesting dem1980... does anything entered on the calendar on the Touch get synced into iCal?

Maybe Steve Jobs' supposed 'bug' comment about Calendar on the Touch is true... I doubt it though!
  5. jmarkman

jmarkman New Member

short answer: yes, MobileCal on the iPod Touch will sync with calendars on iCal. for me, it does it whenever I sync my iTunes and I haven't lost any functionality afterwards

long answer: on mine at least, when you sync it, for some reason it doesn't add it to the calendar it viewed it from but another calendar called 'home'. Not really sure why it does that or how to change it, but it's easy enough to switch the calendar of an event in iCal that I'm not particularly worried.
  6. ecbtln

ecbtln New Member

just jailbroke today, syncing works as expected for me with the iphone version of mobile cal
  7. flash84x

flash84x New Member

how did you install this app? did you just delete the original and drop this in from the iphone file system?

thanks in advance
  8. ocdesi

ocdesi New Member

I istalled the iphone's version of mobilecal and the add button and syncing work great. When I sync I don't lose the add button.

To install it I just took the contents of iphone's mobilecal and placed it in the mobilecal.app of my iPoT and said yes to replace the existing files
  9. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

i didnt replace the app, i only replaced/edited the plist file
  10. zo-or

zo-or New Member

Same here. I edited the plist and syncing works both ways.