iPhone 3G Does the iPhone 3G unlocking SIM cards really work, or just a scam?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnFa, Aug 27, 2008.

1. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

I'm looking to buy an iPhone 3G form eBay, and I've been reading a lot about SIM cards that can unlock your phone. Do they really work, or is it better to wait for the dev team to come out with their software unlock?
  2. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

They work, but have you waste 1 or 2 hrs to put in different SIM cards, worth it in the end though
  3. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

Ok, cool. Guess it would be easier with software unlock but if there's no choice right now.
    How much are they, approx.?
  4. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

Like I keep saying to anyone who wants a 3G, Just get a 2G Unlock it and then its the same phone, as the 3G chip in the iPhone 3G has reception issues that will be fixed in late september, plus with the 2G you can pick one up for a meager £60, off eBay. Trust me its worth it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

Thanks for the advice, but the phone company I use has an excellent call and data plan that's about half of what the phone company that sells iPhone here in Sweden uses.
    Plus, the 3G reception is actually really good here in Sweden, especially after the 2.0.2 update. So that's kinda why I wanna have the 3G. Also, they are expanding 3G reception every day in Stockholm, where I live.
    The 3G also has exceptional second hand worth. The 2G has almost none, so I'm willing to spend the extra cash.
  6. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

In that case then get one
  7. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Stealthsim SE or universal sim v5.0 or v5.40. They both work. Sort of.

You should read this.
    http://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=SIM_hacks

They all fake your IMSI and is illegal in some places. Some networks have a way to trace this and block it or even ban the phone or sim card from the network.