Does the 16GB crash at times?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by umich fan, Feb 13, 2008.

1. umich fan

umich fan New Member

I recently sold the 8GB on Ebay in lieu for the 16GB touch (BTW, I paid $325 for a factory sealed copy on Ebay that includes the January software applications - too good to be true? It's going to be delivered tomorrow). Anyway, I read reviews of the 1GB on Amazon and whilst most have been very positive a few owners have reported that the 16GB can crash sometimes - can anyone corroborate this? Are there any other known issue I should be concerned about?
  2. Henrique

Henrique New Member

I have a 16Gb Ipod Touch since October and it has never crashed since then. I did not jailbreak and I have purchased the January pack. I have 7Gb on it. 80 videos (most from you tube and a few that i have shoot), 600 music and about 1000 photos. Everything goes well (knock knock) and I haven´t had any kind of crash at all.

What I had a couple of times is Safari to freeze in certain web pages. If I press home for a little it returns to home screen and everything is fine.
    Everything else I ´m having a ball with this little gadget.
    Henrique
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The iPod runs on a (highly) slimmed down version of OS X, and just like any computer, it will crash.

It has happened once or twice to mine, but it isn't anything a restart can't fix.
  4. akhan5916

akhan5916 New Member

it happened once to me
  5. tootricky

tootricky New Member

6. dancecollindance

dancecollindance New Member

In regards to your problem,
    yeah i have a 16gb and it crashes all the time
    if you are running 3 or more apps it will most liekly crash
    (depending on the apps and if it jailbroken)
    good luck though
  7. slybeans

slybeans New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mine has crashed in a way where it brings me to the home screen.
  8. umich fan

umich fan New Member

What do you mean if you run three or more apps? FWIW, I mainly will use the ipod touch to play music and download photots, and on occassion, surf the net in hot spots. That's it, really. So would you say it's pretty safe to use the 16GB for the most part without worrying about it crashing? If it does happen, will I need to take it to Apple store to have it looked at?
  9. Skrappy213

Skrappy213 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have an 8gb touch with only 23 songs n nothing else n sometimes it crashes n then i just restart it n its back in business n sometimes when im on the net it sometimes just closes n takes me to the home screen sometimes it worries me but it can be normal as well but will see
  10. negamaki

negamaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    my 8 gb iPod touch frequently quits back to springboard while I'm viewing websites in safari :[