Does Quickpwn for Windows activate the 3g iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pogoyoyo, Apr 10, 2009.

1. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well ive learned that when u get an iphone from the apple store it comes unlocked but as soon as u activate it, it becomes locked to the sim card inside of it, so i was wondering if quickpwn automaticly activates the iphone?
    last time i tried jb'ing an iphone and putting a sim card inside, it gave me " no service " on both a rogers sim card and a fido sim card..
    And once activated, does the iphone become locked to the sim card or the company?
  2. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The phone comes locked to the carrier, no matter what.
  3. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    .. and now someone who knows something about what theyre talking about?
    i just told you it comes unlocked but gets locked as soon as you activate it. If it came " locked no matter what " then my rogers sim card could not work once i took my fido sim card out... once i restored the iphone only the sim card that was inside of the phone during the restore worked.
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

You asked in your first post about the phone being locked and that is what jfb392 is answering.

I am not sure about Canada but in the U.S. your theory is BS and the phone is locked to at&t from the factory. It might be different in Canada and because I am not familiar with Canadian iPhones I can't be of much help. However jfb392 is correct at least in the U.S.