Does Jailbreaking void Your warranty?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Spam-Robot, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Spam-Robot

Spam-Robot New Member

Hey guys, I have a JailBroken iPod touch, just wondering if it voids my warranty?
    I doubt it, since its a software problem. Can't it just be "un-jailbroken"?
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Jailbreaking voids your warranty like a hand grenade voids a room. In other words; yes it does. However, let's say you encounter a manufacturer defect a few weeks from now. If you do a full restore, there is no way Apple can tell that you jailbroke it. I think. Once again you can un jailbreak by restoring. Don't worry about it voiding the warranty, its just the usual 90 manufacturer crap.
  3. Spam-Robot

Spam-Robot New Member

Ah okay. thanks. This can be locked now

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. rceckspurt13

rceckspurt13 New Member

that's good to know cuzz I was going to jailbreak my iPod and I was worried about the warranty.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. laguerta

laguerta New Member

a lot of people will disgree with me but i am not lying this the only reason why i joined this forum i called up apple because i had a difficulties with my ipod after it was solved i just asked them will jail breaking void my warranty they answered no because they just consider it as third party software you will still have warranty and support but they won't support you on the jail breaking problems they said to me if wanted to jailbreak they said it's just fine but can't they support me on it because it's third party software but they will still support me on other ipod problems also everyone say's this if your ipod is jailbreaked just restore your ipod before you send it in for repair or something because they don't support the third software it sound like voiding your warranty but it doesn't if you don't believe me call them up
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Please don't bump year-old threads.