Does Jailbreak take away overall space?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BossDunn, Mar 26, 2009.

1. BossDunn

BossDunn New Member

I have an Ipod touch, and an Ipod nano, both 8 G.B.

I jailbroke my ipod touch the other day and noticed Capacity is 6.77, but when i hooked up the nano to see what songs i had, I noticed it said 7.7. Did the jailbreak take away more capacity? Or is the capacity on the Ipod touch like that (Less then what it says it is)?

Edit: So it's basically like that, since it has the touch function, it's really about 6.7? Figures, just wondering cause i was like *almost 2 G.B. of space missing?*. Never noticed the capacity on Itouch till i did that, so maybe thats how it was.
  2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Jailbreaking should only take about 30 megabytes, so that isn't it. No devices come with the exact amount of memory they advertise, it seems. The 8GB iPod touch has something around 7.6 or 7.7GB.
  3. MANOWAR©

MANOWAR© Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There is some space take up the the iPod Touches OS. The nano's is a fraction of what the touch uses. Sounds normal to me.
  4. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Not the OS! The system "partition"! The space shown in iTunes is space used for jailed stuff like songs and apps (located in /var/mobile/) the excluded part, just located in /, is not counted by iTunes. Jailbreaking does make the system partition bigger by 19 MB or so by default.
  5. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Amen.