Does jail breaking erase data? I need SSH without data loss.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by crypticgeek, Aug 31, 2008.

1. crypticgeek

crypticgeek New Member

I have an ipod touch with 2.0.2 firmware. Recently, someone accessed my (admittedly left unlocked) ipod and accessed it. He was in safari when I caught him. Now, this doesn't need to be forensically sound, but I need to get access to the Safari cache and such to examine it and see what he may or maynot have done with my ipod.

So basically I need SSH access to my ipod WITHOUT loosing any data that's there right now. Nothing I've read so far is really clear on what exactly all the jail breaking apps do. I need to be sure they won't wipe the data I need to take a look at.

To summarize, I'm on a Mac (but can go to a Windows XP machine if need be) and I need to have SSH access to the ipod without any kind of erasing (don't care about modified file system, just don't want any data loss).
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    use quickpwn
  3. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yup yup quickpwn
  4. Sanek

Sanek New Member

on a similar topic, I'm currently running a jailbroken 2.0.0 firmware. Is there any way to upgrade to 2.0.2 (or 2.0.3) without having to start all over again?
  5. pinofromthebay

pinofromthebay Member

no, you cant upgrade unless your restore to a new firmware. just back up what you need through ssh and just replace when you jb it.