Does Itunes 7.7.1 work with an update of 2.1?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by aborson, Sep 10, 2008.

1. aborson

aborson New Member

Hi Guys

PC Running: Q6600 OC
    4GB etc... with Vista Ultimate 64 BIT

You might think why im wanting to know why i want to use itunes 7 instead of itunes 8 to update the latest firmware for my ipod touch.

Now tonight when i opened up my new itunes 8 it prompted me for an update of the new ipod touch 2.1 firmware officially.

Now i thought i would go ahead with it it worked fine until after it started to extract the file into the ipod whilst connected via USB. The last thing i wanted to see guess what.....

A BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

saying missing file USBAAPL64.SYS

now there is this as well not just about another 1000 people on apple discussion have also posted problems.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8046500&tstart=0

Now, before you even get to scroll up and down on this link you will see 1000 items loading up on your status bar i just hope apple will see and sort this out.

So just beware if your running 64bit or Vista beware BSOD is out and about.

Im just wondering if i download the firmware outside of itunes will i be able to upload it through itunes by pressing shift and update.

Thanks
  2. richardarkless

richardarkless Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you can not use v7.7 because 2.1 needs the genius feature
  3. bulungula

bulungula New Member

Give it a try and post what happend.
  4. aborson

aborson New Member

in the end i just ended uop using my laptop to do it could be a glitch with itunes 8 upgrading from itunes 7. I eventually managed to update and resotre my music to my new updated ipod on my original pc with the problem. i think they will just probably release 8.0.1 soon because of this.