does iTunes 7.5 work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by edmarriner, Dec 24, 2007.

1. edmarriner

edmarriner New Member

Hi,

Im getting my ipod touch at christmas and so i've been looking through how to jailbreak it.

http://www.touchdev.net/wiki/Jailbreak_1.1.2 seems to be the easiest method but at the top of the page it say itunes 7.5 does not work.

Is this correct?

Does this mean i will have to find a 7.4 version of iTunes on the net ( links anyone? ) becuase i stupidly updated itunes yestoday with-out even thinking when it asked me.

cheers,
    merry xmas all;
    -ed
  2. GeorgeGabriel

GeorgeGabriel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hello, and welcome to the forums.

I think you've misread. It says

Currently Itunes versions 7.4 and up will install ipod touch operation software 1.1.1

This means version 7.4 and higher (7.5) will install firmware v. 1.1.1

You can go ahead and downgrade with iTunes 7.5.

Merry Christmas!
  3. edmarriner

edmarriner New Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the super fast reply!
    Yes thats the line that confused me becuase what you quoted says it works 7.4 upwards but it also says :

It appears that this procedure does not work if you have iTunes 7.5 installed as it does not give you an option of restoring to a previous version. It only allows you to "Restore and Update" without selecting a previous firmware.

that was the bit i was confused about.

But as nobody seems to have posted any issues with 7.5 seems like 7.5 does work

big thanks,

-ed
  4. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i use

i have a jailbroke ipod touch version 1.1.2 firmware and this was done on itunes 7.5 no problem
  5. Phreaky_McGeek

Phreaky_McGeek New Member

Could you not replace the firmware found in the iTunes program folder with 1.1.1?

I've done this with the Nano before - download old firmware, swap with firmware in iTunes program folder, hit check for updates, and hit no when prompted to download new software.