does it work?

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by ronniev23, Apr 21, 2008.

1. ronniev23

ronniev23 New Member

for any 1 that has done it does it work? whats it like? and can u post some pics of it so that i can see... i know there is videos but i dont wanna c that i just wanna c if its worth it to use the beta or just wait for the stable version
  2. piyon

piyon New Member

well it worked for me. The only new thing about it is the boot logos. Its really not that special really if you think about it.
  3. ronniev23

ronniev23 New Member

should i consider downloading it? is it good?
  4. markdamore

markdamore New Member

durrr
  5. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes, this is what people sad when their iPods bricked.
  6. iROCKnikes123

iROCKnikes123 New Member

ipods where bricked because personal error .
    non of it was winpwns fault .
    and i still dont think that those people claiming to have "bricked" their ipods have really bricked their ipods .
  7. markdamore

markdamore New Member

thankyou. the other guy fails. SHOW ME AN EXAMPLE OF A BRICKED IPOD AND WE'LL SEE. and plus if people would READ more before trying new stuff out, then we wouldnt be discussing this.
  8. cbyrlee

cbyrlee New Member

I did it

As mentioned above, the only thing different than normal jailbreak was the boot screen. It is really cool, but worth the restore? Thats for you to decide. The idea is cool, and I see how it could go far. Right now it adds installer and new boot logo to the actual firmware, so it creates a custom firmware on your PC and you do a normal restore through iTunes and just select the custom firmware you create with winpwn. I could see it going places with the ability to add apps, sources, things like that. So maybe in the future, you can create a custom firmware that once loaded, already has your favorite apps and sources built into the firmware and are installed as part of the pwn, or jailbreak process.
  9. ronniev23

ronniev23 New Member

I'm not big on creating stuff like codes and all... Do u need to make codes or can u just "drag and drop" because if u need to make codes I'd rather stay happy with a jailbroken 1.1.3
  10. ronniev23

ronniev23 New Member

whoever has of can I see ur custom firmware running on ur iPod/phone