Does it 'really' matter??

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by all_against_one, Apr 17, 2009.

1. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ok. Well I have already jailbroken with QuickFreedom and it worked well but the the 0.3 update for Redsn0w came along and I decided to JB that way.... What the point of this thread is that I have a question. Why cant you use Redsn0w 0.3 if you used QuickFreedom? Is there really any difference in how the ipod was jailbroken using either of those two programs? All your help will be greatly appreciated. I am not a 'noob' at 'hacking' ipods, but I would just really like to know...
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, using QuickPwn after you have already jailbroken messes up your Cydia, and you have to reinstall all of the apps that you have already installed for them to show up again in Cydia.
  3. all_against_one

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ok. But what is the "major" diffrence in the processes that the two programs use to jailbreak the iPod?
  4. tofumafia

tofumafia New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    what is this i don't even
  5. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont know what you're talking about
    redsn0w doesnt screw anything up, i think that was just ur personal experience

theres no real reason except logome support
  6. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Some people have said that their Cydia was messed up when they used QuickPwn after using something like redTool or QuickFreedom. I think it's the way QuickPwn puts Cydia on your iPod... Same thing happened to me. It wasn't a big deal though..
  7. redsn0w screwed cydia up a bit for me aswell i have no packages installed...apparently o.0
  8. all_against_one

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    But dont both programs but Cydia in the same place and in the same fashion? Thats what I read in one of the Moderator's posts before. It was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure thats what he had said...
  9. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    HA, I'm not the only one that happened to. Lol.

Well, if it was a long time ago, then I'm not sure. But all I know is that it might mess up your Cydia.
    You can go ahead and try, if you won't care that you won't have any packages listed as installed.
  10. all_against_one

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    ok...

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm not going to do it all over again but it was just a question. Lol. Can someone PM me so I can figure some things out??

Thanks too the ones that helped.

Please Register or Log in to view images