does it cause problems to have customize and winterboard at the same time?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by felixen, Aug 6, 2008.

1. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can't get rid of Vista Maximus background!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

does it cause problems to have customize and winterboard at the same time?

I just played around with a few themes and it seems really buggy so I was wondering if its cause I have both customize and winderboard installed at the same time. For instance I tried applying the vista maximus theme (which I downloaded via customize). Then I decided to use another theme so I deleted vista maximus and applied something else, but now I still get the vista maximus background when I respring. I can't get rid of this crap, so now I have both a "slide to unlock" and behind that is the "tap to unlock" button.. I just want summerboard back

I tried choosing one of my images and applied it to background but I still get this damn windows maximus thing!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Grrrr, it's still there after I uninstalled both apps, and once again tried applying a foto as my background. How on earth do I get this crappy vista maximus background away? It doens't look pretty with the "tap to unlock" text right behind the "slide to unlock" bar

2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Winterboard is the only one that creates SpringBoard wallpapers, so until you apply another theme through Winterboard (Try making a folder in /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx called Default with nothing in it, that should do it, then apply it), the wallpaper will always remain.

You don't mean that, you don't want Summerboard. Winterboard is so much more powerful and customizable tha Summerboard, plus it runs on command line as well as GUI.
  3. dallasnights

dallasnights Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    No problem here, I use Customize for ICONS, Sliders, Top Bars and DOCKS, and Winterboard for Wallpaer, what I did was use Default which is basically black with no icons so your normal Icons show, created my own Wallpaper, put in there and now I have Customize with Winterboard perfect!
  4. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But I didn't get the wallpaper until applied it (vista maximus) via customize.

Anyway I just created the folder like you said, and I applied it via Winterboard. But I still have the vista wallpaper at the "unlock screen"

edit: just to make myself clear, it's not the background when I'm at the springboard, it's the background/wallpaper at the "unlock screen", where I used to have the standard picture of planet Earth
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Change that in Customize.

Customize Images/Sounds > wallpaper > Lock screen wallpaper
  6. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

windows maximus?
  7. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ^ my bad, I meant vista maximus.

Gitykins I see the vista wallpaper in there. So how do I disable it? I don't want no locked wallpaper, I just want whichever image I choose as wallpaper to become applied.
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Which wallpaper are you talking about? You cannot apply regular SpringBoard wallpapers with Customize as of now, they must be put into a theme folder of WinterBoard and be called Wallpaper.png.

If you're talking about changing the lock screen one, you can download ones through Customize and apply them in Customize Images/Sounds > wallpaper > Lock screen wallpaper, or you can open the settings app and choose General > Wallpaper and apply one from there.
  9. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah it's the lock screen I'm talking about. But if I go to General > Wallpaper and choose the globe (the one that's on originally) and hit apply, I still get the vista wallpaper when I'm at the lock screen

wtf..?
  10. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

SSH in and delete /var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg and it will work.