Does iPod touch 3rd Gen Have 8GB?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Raymond.C, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Raymond.C

Raymond.C New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Does iPod Touch 3rd Gen have 8GB? I saw some on amazon and some people said there is'nt a 8GB in 3rd Gen. If there is a 3rd gen in 8GB can it be jail breaked?

How to tell the differences from iPod touch 2nd gen and 3rd gen (8GB) if so?
  2. ipodfan13

ipodfan13 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes there is a 8GB 3rd generation I have one myself, though there is a jailbreak for it but id be advised that it doesnt work on some 8GB models. To tell the difference on your ipod you can tap 'settings' then 'general' then go under 'about'. If your model code starts with 'MC' then you have the newest 3g ipod, if it starts with MB you have a 2G.
  3. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    um it's all models not just some that work for blackra1n...ATM no iPt3G (8GB model) can be jailbroken...
  4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yep there's a 3rd gen model of the 8gb version, but it doesn't have any performance updates like the 32gb/64gb/3gs got. So it's pretty much the 2nd gen all over again, except it can't be jailbroken.

Kinda sucks.
  5. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

The only thing the 8gb Ipod touch 3gen has going on is just a better screen color and contrast. Either then that its the same as the 2gen ipod touch 8gb.