Does iChalky work on the iPod Touch 2G?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by newton1221, Oct 4, 2008.

1. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

It appears that it didn't work for the iPod Touch originally, but it seems like it has been updated to work for the iPod Touch. It obviously doesn't dance on the iPod Touch because it reads the audio input but does it work at all?

And also, just wondering, I know basically nothing about developing apps and that sort of stuff but the developer said he couldn't get iChalky to dance to your iPod music, but doesn't it seem logical that if it can dance to your audio input, could he just set it to dance to your audio output. I mean I have no clue if this would work but doesn't that seem like it would make sense. Just curious because this app would be WAY better if iChalky danced to your iPod music, that would be incredible.
  2. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

It's my understanding that making him dance to iPod music isn't possible, because of the retarded SDK restrictions.
  3. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

If it says only for iPhone then it's only for iPhone
  4. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

it says iphone and ipod touch, but a bunch of people are leaving reviews saying DOESNT WORK FOR TOUCH, so im like wtf
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    sorry to be a complete tard about this stuff, but what exactly does that mean, that Apple wont let developers set things to use the audio output? And if this is really the case then would a mic add on to the ipod touch make it work, cuz i am looking into getting a mic for the ipod touch so that i can use fring to make calls, but im not even sure if there is any way to get a mic to work for ipod touch 2g, anybody got any mic advice
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

no no. most people think it means dancing to your playing music. this isnt the case. it dances to audio input from the microphone. thats why it was iphone only before. now that the touch has mic support it works on the touch too

EDIT; I just bought ichalky (wanted it a while but didnt know they changed it to allow touchs to install it) and it works fantastically! I wont be getting the microphone for my touch untill (hopefully) tomorrow but I can say everything else works really well.