Does full restore wares off your itouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by qwerty53, May 19, 2008.

1. qwerty53

qwerty53 New Member

Hi,
    i am considering doing full restore. Does it format the memory? If it does it hurts it (the hardware right?) because any format does this.
    Am I right?
    By the way one of the reasons of restore is because iphone browser thinks it's not jailbroken. And I have a few problems with installation (yes of course it's jailbroken). Well I do have something to confess.
    So do you have any thing to confirm or deny my hardware question?

thanks.
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

restoring doesnt physically hurt anything.

SS memory has a point were writing to it takes its toll, but thats in the hundreds of thousands, you wont harm it it the lifetime of the ipod
  3. qwerty53

qwerty53 New Member

thanks.
    yes but that's the thing. writing is ok but formating is like million times worse. does it actualy format?
  4. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

formatting in reality is just rewriting the system, its just another read/write cycle, its not harmful
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Restoring your iPod touch (Formatting, in your words) does not have any harm on the iPod touch. Don't worry, it is just a simple erase and resetting of the file system to factory defaults (Exactly how it would be when you take it out of the box). All media will be erased (Music, videos etc) and must be synced to the iPod again.