Does FontSwap work with iOS4?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iPod_iPod, Jul 27, 2010.

1. iPod_iPod

iPod_iPod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've heard it works, but you can't change your System font. Is this true? Because that's all I really want to change. Does anyone have iOS4 on their iPod Touch 2G with a working FontSwap?

I really don't want my iPod to go into Safe Mode.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anyone?
  2. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried downloading it but it didn't work... I'll try again soon and try to get back to you. In the mean time, why can't you go into safe mode? if changing it causes safe mode you can just change it back to default and go back to normal mode. Safe mode is there so you can do stuff like that and still use your device if a conflict occurs.
  3. iPod_iPod

iPod_iPod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well earlier when I was unaware about the compatible apps and whatnot, I downloaded Infinidock (I love the infinis, and I'm pissed that they don't work) and it put me into Safe Mode. I removed it but I was still in Safe Mode. I had to restore a few times because I fiddled with it a lot. So I don't want to risk it again.

Oh and I just downloaded FontSwap. It downloads and installs fine, but the fonts don't work. I only tried Kasper in System fonts right now.
  4. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah my guess would be that Apple changed how fonts work, so the developer will have to figure out what got changed and how to modify them again before he can update it. It's likely that changing it now just changes a random file that isn't there any more, so it doesn't actually do anything and that's why nothing changes but it doesn't go into safe mode.
  5. iPod_iPod

iPod_iPod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well that stinks. I love using a different font. Is there anyway you can find where the fonts are using WinSCP or some other sshing program and change the files that way?
  6. sametkck

sametkck Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    googled it says ios4 support gonna come out soon
    (but how soon??)
  7. iKeirNez

iKeirNez Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It works if you install infinidock then it will go into Safe Mode then SSH your iPod/iPhone then go into the mobile substrate plugins then go into the first folder inside that and delete the dylib called Iconsupport
  8. jeffglenellen

jeffglenellen New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  9. Protocol82

Protocol82 New Member

I tried fontswap on ios4. Obviously system fonts didn't work. But I can return to defaults. When I click to return to default it says it will restore and respring. But it does nothing. Problem is password boxes no longer have dots but KKKKKKKK instead. Any thoughts?
  10. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Apparently apple has put some racism in their code for those who try to change fonts.