Does Dock+Kate=Trouble?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, Jun 17, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, this morning I isntalled kate on my ipod touch. I then remembered that it is only a trial version so I decided to unisntall it. I unchecked all of the things in the program, and then went to installer. But installer didn't show any signs of Kate in the unisntall list. So I went in via SSH and deleted the Kate folder. When I restarted my ipod, I got a glitchy screen. It was alternating between the Apple Logo, and a screen with Black and White Horizontal bars that weren't quite level. I then went into Iliberty and forced the device into restore mode, then I forced it out. It was working but it was very slow. Then I crashed to the apple logo screen and I had to do the whole process again.

EDIT: Ok, I managed to get the ipod to the home screen, but then I got the SWOD.

I have heard that having Dock and Kate installed on the same ipod is bad news. Is this true?
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That exact same problem happened to me when i had kate+Dock installed, so i would have to say yes. When i rejailbroke, i DIDNT install dock but DID install kate, and i have had no problems since

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is there any way to fix this without a restore? Restores are a biotch.
  4. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, Restores ARE a biotch!

Sorry mate but i think thats all you can do

5. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    *Groans*

Can someone else give me any help. I have well over 200 applications and I would hate to have to go and get all of those again. I would have done a backup but iBackup doesn't work with summerboard. Is there any other way to do a backup?
  6. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ^you can't have over 200 Apps
    you can only have about 150 so dont lie

and the only way to fix this is with a restore
  7. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Indeed I did have over 200 apps. I used Summerboard and categories to accomodate the load. trust me on this one. It took me months to figure out how to do it.

EDIT: I have screenshot proof that I now have 268 apps. I SSHed in (before my ipod crashed again) and took 9 screenshots of all the applications that are in my ipod. I went into the applications folder. Notice that in all of the screen shots that it says there are 268 folders in the application folder.

Also, as an update, after I had SSHed in, my ipod got the SWOD and then after a few minutes completely locked up.

EDIT: YES!!! I fixed it. I managed to get to the homescreen and quickly uninstalled Dock before it locked up again. It seems to have worked!

Attached Files: