Does categories affect itunes app syncing?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Noogums, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just put all my apps in categories, most of them being "paid apps" and i just plugged my ipod in and clicked the applications tab in the "devices" section (popps up when you plug your ipod in) and it only showed the ones i just added about 2 minutes before i plugged in it doesnt show the ones already on the ipod. Could this be from categories? or the fact that i switched computers and have never synced with this one before? Its the same itunes library from my old computer and when i first plugged my ipod in all the apps came up under the apps category (under podcasts, music, tv shows etc).

If i press apply settings it says its going to take all my apps of my ipod because they arent selected...
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Remove them from your categories to do it correctly, otherwise, it won't remove them...
  3. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are you serious!? i have to remove ALL my apps from my categories just to sync?!!! thats so stupid then why would i ever use categories...
  4. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    As far us I know, you need to remove the apps that need to be updated from the category, not when you have to sync
  5. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So if i sync with all the apps in their categories then wont get deleted? Even though itunes says its gonna delete them?

I just wanna add some apps, not take any off or update any
  6. ramapple

ramapple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My apps are all in categories. Syncing through iTunes hasn't deleted any of them... not for me, at least. Even when I'm updating, it seems to do it automatically without me taking anything out...
  7. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well it might be that i've switched computers...I guess i'll just syncing. Worst comes to worst i have to sync all my apps again and put em in back in the categories...
  8. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    personally it doesn't make a difference fer me, the apps just update when I sync. Recently I've been havin' problems with this =\ Instead of takin' the apps out of their categories, just use sbSettings to poof the icons back and rehide 'em after the sync. Personally, my apps don't require updates that often, so it's not really a problem.

Really, the bigger problem though is that iTunes on my computer usually doesn't find the updates to my apps. The appstore on my iPhone/iPod is actually more reliable.
  9. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I agree. But apparently it makes syncing slower? I dont know. But i really hate itunes. Its so frustrating. Also, it wont create a backup of my ipod. it always says its disconnected and cant even though its still connected.

...iTunes blows

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Of i forgot to mention, i have a category inside a category. Maybe if i poof my categories with all my games and stuff in it i can avoid poofing allllll of my apps individually.