does Backgrounder cause problems?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Oregon, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Oregon

Oregon New Member

Backgrounder seems like a cool app as it allows apps to stay running in the background. This would be awesome for IM+ lite because then I can have widescreen IM and I can close and open without logging off.

I would think if no apps close after you exit them, though, the memory will quickly fill up and slow down/ crash your iPod. Does this happen?
  2. thewuse

thewuse New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Backgrounder will only run what apps YOU specify to run in the background. Otherwise yes that would use up lots of system memory and the purpose you said of using it for aim thats exactly how I use it, along with Insomnia so whenever i get an IM and it's locked i still hear the sound because wifi is still on (though it drains battery faster so if no wifi is around be sure to turn it off)
  3. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Backgrounder is a cool app works like a charm but sometimes it does tend to crash the app that has been backgrounded that is not the fault of the app its only the lack of memory on these devices. Otherwise the only other problem you might face is that there will be a faster battery drain!
  4. kzr22

kzr22 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeh also if u use something like *******ula in the background ure device gets all slow and laggy
  5. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if i have 32mb of memory left and i am running webmessenger in the background with sbsettings-keepawake on, would you think that would drain my battery faster?
  6. Deadhead

Deadhead New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, anytime you have appps in the background, they are using memory. Using memory eats battery charge.