Does Apple track Phones/iPods using beta software?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mclaurin10, Aug 3, 2009.

1. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hello all,
    I made up my mind recently to downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 and jailbreak. So I was satisfied with all the awesome improvements, (sbsettns, backgrounder, GriP etc, but suddenly cydia started to close on startup of the app. Thinking that this was no big deal I decided to restore in iTunes, and now whenever i try to restore to either 3.0 or 3.0.1 I get error 1015.

Now to get out of this (stuck in recovery mode) I tried DFU, and it didn't seem to work, although I dont know for sure if I ever got it into DFU because there is no visible difference between DFU and Restore modes.

So it looks like my options are upgrading to 3.1 *something I would rather not do* or send my phone back to apple. And here is where the title comes in, as I was using beta software, which apple says in their agreement isnt under warranty, will I be covered. Will they be able to tell that my phone was using 3.1 beta and void my warranty for that reason. To use the betas you have to put in a UUID (I think its called)

Any help wiht any of it would be very useful, as Ive come to trust you guys with almost everything (except women and parents)

haha

thanks everyone
  2. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Apple cant track ipods but im not sure if they cant trackan iphone
  3. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Not necessarily, its a general question about the ipod/iphone.
  4. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I had this same error, you need to download iRecovery and then type "fsboot" do some googling and doing it becomes pretty easy.