iOS 3.1 Does anyone realize this "wait" for the unteathered jailbreak is just a repeat of...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iPendo, Jan 4, 2010.

1. iPendo

iPendo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Before? Remember back during the iPod touch 2G jailbreak times, the devs claimed that they were having a hard time finding an exploit for an untethered jailbreak, only to release it because a certain company found and sold the exploit? The real reason that the devs kept it all quiet was to prevent Apple from patching the exploit on the next-gen iPhone (iPhones 3Gs). Couldn't this be the reason why greenposi0n is taking to long?

By the way, I'm an iPod touch 2G owner so I'm already on untethered.
  2. itouch(myself)

itouch(myself) New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    its not that big a deal. untethered basically just limits you from turning your device off, even still you can re jail break in a matter of seconds.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TETHERED AND UNTETHERED.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    @iPendo that is the exact reason they are holding off releasing it.....To wait for the iPhone 4G......

@iTouch Wtf? There is major difference between tethered and untethered.
  4. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ummm, no there isn't because repringing is basically the same thing as rebooting so it isn't really needed besides most people have loaded up there devices with stuff from cydia and such and aren't even going to rejailbreak so it's really for those who haven't jailbroken already
  5. silvershadow

silvershadow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    with a tethered jailbreak, i cannot access the file system on the pc using software such as diskaid. (untethered 2g i can)

either thats the fault of tethered jailbreak, or maybe because i never used 3.1.2 with diskaid before?
  6. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Download 'afc2add' from Cydia, should fix that.
  7. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Respringing is totally not the same thing as rebooting.....

Most people want untethered so that when they install an application they can actually REBOOT. Just like Winterboard is required too. Some people actually like to have their devices shut down for a period of time, while they are not using it.
  8. itouch(myself)

itouch(myself) New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Guess its just me I never shut mine down, always in sleep mode, never lost battery life completely either. I have a wall charger so its easy for me to just charge it quickly. As far as rebooting I installed a ton of apps and never reboot, works right off the bat.