Does anyone know if?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by The Crow, Mar 8, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I have a 1G iPod touch and I actually have a dock that charges my iPod touch, but will these new ones work like the old ones and turn on like an alarm (with your music)?
  2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    what ones?
  3. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I thought I was clear, the ones are the new iPod touches. With the older 2nd&3rd gen. iPod Nanos , you could plug into your docking system and charge them and then use it as an alarm with your music in the morning. So can the (new ones (iPod touch) work in the same way, or do you or anyone really know?
  4. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if it's ipod touch compatible it will and should say ipod touch compatible clearly. If it just says ipod touch compatible, as far as i know, it's just the first gen. If it says second generation that means that second generation will work also.

btw your post is really hard to understand. I don't even know if this is what you wanted to know. It's that hard.
  5. AmazingNachos

AmazingNachos Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iHome

it's what i use. it's great. just set your alarm on the iHome and pick the song you want to wake up to and press pause RIGHT at the beggining and make sure the iHome's volume is up.

i think i have the iH8 or something... or maybe it h8 or h8r... idk
  6. The Crow

The Crow Banned

crovian what are you even talking about, I respect your attempt but your not even reading what I wrote down! I said with all other iPods (1/2/3gen Nanos) all were able to be plugged into the iHome docks and used as an alarm to wake up to your music in the morning. With the new iPod touch many other members are saying they can not charge via the iHome, it just won't charge and even my 14yr old niece has the iHome and it won't charger her 2G iPod touch. I personally have the GE Symphony and it does fit and charge my iPod touch, so all I want to know is with the new iPod touches (1G & 2G) do they work in the same way with regards to plugging into the docking systems to wake you up in the morning as an alarm clock?? I don't know what is so hard to understand, someone out there must have use their old iHome docks to plug in their older iPods (Nano)???
  7. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok it's just that your post was hard to understand is all and it seems second poster had the similar problem
    no prob
  8. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I just want to know if anyone out there is using a docking system to charge their iPod touch, and if you can set it up to as an alarm with your music like the old Nanos? Simple question, so anyone who knows what I am talking about please step up!

Thanks, The Crow
  9. Imitation

Imitation New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    On an iH5r you can... ;D *the oldest model*
  10. The Crow

The Crow Banned

What are you talking about?? I put this in the simpilist terms, and I don't know why no one can tell me what I am asking? The iHome is a docking station, and I have the GE Symphony which does exactly the same thing which I used for my 3rd gen. Nano. I used it to wake me up to my music in the morning, so can this be done with the new iPod touch or what? Is there something special I need to do, like turn the autolock off or put it on my music and then plug it in? Anyone please, this can't be more easily explained so is there no one using a docking station as a charger and an alarm??