Does anyone know a way to text for free on my ipod touch 2g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MarcoPwnZ, Dec 21, 2008.

1. MarcoPwnZ

MarcoPwnZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys does anyone know how to text for free on an ipod touch ? i tried lots of things but they wont work... so if u guys know how post it here plz n thank u
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Get AIM and set your contact to +1(are code+number) and you can send and receive text but only if your connected to wifi of course.
  3. MarcoPwnZ

MarcoPwnZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ummm aim doesnt work... its all messed up i cant connect to aim and im pretty sure its not my ipod touches fault
  4. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

How can you not connect to AIM?

Maybe it's your WiFi doing that. Did you try logging on from your computer?
  5. MarcoPwnZ

MarcoPwnZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes i did it worked fine using my computer and im using the same wifi connection...

but on my ipod touch it wont work... it says connecting and then it says signed off - tap to reconnect

and im pretty sure internet works cuz i can go on safari with my ipoT
  6. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Try uninstalling/ reinstalling if you are trying to use the AIM app.

Another way to try is to use Meebo.com from safari and see if you can log on from there. If so, it's definitely the AIM app.
  7. MarcoPwnZ

MarcoPwnZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    uninstalling like dlting it? and reinstalling like redownloading? if so... then ive tried it twice... doesnt work... tryed meebo but i dont know how to add new buddy on meebo...
  8. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    A lot of apps stress to reboot after downloading from app store on 2.2 so you might want to try that. Uninstall reboot, install and reboot, then try.
  9. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wait, could you give an example? I don't get it. So if the number was 123-123-4567 you would put as a contact 11231234567? I tried that but it doesn't work.
  10. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah if the number YOU want to send to is: 703-472-4753 then you would say new Im to : 1-703-472-4753 (w/ NO dashes) AIM added texting so it should work also, you can now do it on gtalk through the google app. so try either of those if you dont have a gtalk make one and then you can also add ur AIM buddies, and add ur AIM account, it worked for me. make sure ur wifi is on and everything.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    also, if you want ur ipod touch to be just like an iphone, you can buy a mic from Apple Store, and then you can you can make calls on ur ipod touch via VoIP which is calling over the internet. again u must have wifi to do this. you can also add a internet shortcut to your springboard and (well u cant jailbreak it yet but...) then change the icon to the iphone's phone icon, and yeah just an idea.