Does anyone here have a business account?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by bamhm182, May 15, 2009.

1. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If so, I just got an e-mail telling me to fax them something, I've been trying to fax them my Trade Name Registration for a week or 2, should have got it faxed right on Tuesday or Wednesday. Do you remember how long after you faxed them you got your account approved? I signed up for my account about 1 month and 1 week ago, it's taking FOREVER... How long over all did it take you to get your account?
  2. centroid

centroid New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I heard it takes a while but not sure for the business account. Just wondering, how much did it cost for you to register your company's name? (USD approx?)
  3. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, I'm not EXACTLY sure, but I'll run down as close as I can to tell you how much it took to get where I am(the ONLY thing I still need is Apple to approve me)

*Trade name registration (Getting the state to recognize me as a business, I think that's what you were talking about) - $20

*bank account - I put in $130, than I got $50 extra, so I really only needed to put in like $60

*new Mac Mini - roughly $700

*Dev Status - will cost $100ish once Apple approves me. You have to fax them your trade name registration somewhere in the approval road, it cost me about $10 because it didn't go through the first time.

So all together, it will have cost me about $950. I screwed up and bought a G4 Mac first, thinking I could use that to program, bought it for $225, added a $50 wireless card to it, sold it for $250, so it will have cost me about $1,000 all together.
  4. centroid

centroid New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Wow thanks for total cost. Good luck with it all but the time does seem a bit long... Is it not possible to upgrade form the individual to business?
  5. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Apple state that at any time you can upgrade from individual to business.
  6. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Apparently yes, it is, but it's far too late for that now.

Please Register or Log in to view images

According to some people here I was talking too when I began all this, only ones I can think of off the top of my head is Chicken4eve and SkylerEC(I think) They were all saying that I should just make an individual account, than upgrade it to the business, me, thinking it would be the same process, said no to their suggestions and clicked to sign up as a small business. From what I've recently heard, an individual account is set up within a matter of days, where the business account seems to take months.

I can assume that if you got an individual account, that you'd be able to get the account near instantly, than be able to use the individual account while your business account is being processed. I'm not 100% sure on the validity of that statement, but it sounds logical.
  7. centroid

centroid New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Since they have to check the legitimacy of your company and depending where you live can add time.

How did you go about registering your business name. Only know a few people who ever did and can't ask them atm. I know it changes per state/area but there should be some general process? (Where do i go, how long does it take, cost)
  8. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah I applied for an individual account, and I was approved in about 16 hours.
  9. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I forget EXACTLY where I went, but it should be somewhere on your states website. You'll probably be able to find it by googling something like "*your state's name here* Trade Name Registration". Than you just have to fill out a few forms, put in your credit card information, pay them x amount of dollars, than wait a few days. The website you registered on should have a search function that you can search for your business that you registered.You'll be able to find out when your Trade Name has been approved using that search function.

EDIT: chicken4eve, when I EVENTUALLY get my dev status, I'll let post how long it took. So far it's been just over a month or so.
  10. Chicken

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well that’s how long it took for me to get into the dev portal. Because I'm in the UK I've just sent off my tax waiver form today, so I'll have to wait a a week or two before I can sell paid apps. Until then I'm having fun with testing on my device, 3.0 and the new API's