Does anyone else have problems with the wifi connecting after it sleeps?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iMan, Apr 15, 2010.

1. iMan

iMan New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Anyone having any issues with the wifi reconnecting after the iPad sleeps?

Mine seems to know and remember the network but I have to go in and tap on the network to connect it. It seems to work fine if I turn it off all the way then back on. It does connect if I wait long enough just not right away. I am using the security of the router.

Any ideas?
  2. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Mine does sometimes. I found that if I put it to sleep and wake it again, it I'll reconnect.

Apparently, some solutions are to use WPA instead of WEP, and to set a specific channel on your router instead of just auto.
  3. iMan

iMan New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Thanks, I will try them both.
  4. William

William New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I am not sure if this is the same for the iPad, but if you go to Settings, Wifi, click on your network and you'll see DHCP, Static and BootP. When I had similar problems setting to Static helped

I also recommend the change to WPA, solely for security reasons
  5. iMan

iMan New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I got it fixed. The cable modem needed to be reset. I actually found it out after they came to bury the cable. It has been out for a month. Anyway, after that I had to reset the modem and everything cured itself for some reason. The modem must be running Microsoft firmware because rebooting my work laptop fixes issues also.

William, I have to run the older security due to my older laptop I still use to do web pages. Does anyone know a good app for coding web pages that works on mac os x? It would be great if there was one for the iPad so I never had to use the pc again.
  6. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i code web pages as well, i use simple text edit because the program doesn't do anything for you (suggestions of the code) but in my early stages TextWrangler is what i used and i liked it very well
  7. iMan

iMan New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I actually stated using the notepad on the iPad and just emailing the finished product to myself for upload to the server. I am just trying to limit use of everything except my iPad.

I love this thing. It is so workable.