Does anyone else but me...

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by 13thReaper, Apr 19, 2009.

1. 13thReaper

13thReaper New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ...think that with the new SDK coming out that a great game to come out on the App Store would be "World of Warcraft"

i mean it could look like how it does on PC (im talking bout layout for controls) you can have all the spells and stuff at bottom of screen than to move you could tap an area and than just move your finger round the screen to change your direction and look.

With new SDK you can have multiplayer and of course if your gonna play with players around the world you can have a server on your PC.

I think it would be sooo awesome

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe...but i just don't see it happening. Would be a pretty crap game on the touch if you ask me!
  3. iPodSoRocks

iPodSoRocks Banned

Meh, It depends on who is gunna MAKE the app.

If it's a colledge student making it for fun, then it'll suck.
    If its from a BIG gaming company like Gameloft, Com2us, etc, then it might be good.
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Not going to happen
  5. Andrew2

Andrew2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the touch or iphone could not run a game like WoW isnt never going to happen
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If it were more like Diablo, in terms of Graphics, then I'd see it playable. Gameplay of WoW, Graphics of Diablo.
  7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's not possible. There's just too many features/controls/gameplay and everything else that can't be crammed into an App Store game nor can the iPod touch/iPhone handle.
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They could do a watered down version of WoW for the iPhone/iPod Touch platform. I mean, look at the Watchmen MMO. They just need to tone down the graphics, a lot. Like around, as I said, Diablo style. Top down at an Angle. As for spells and abilities, they can make it so you swipe different parts of the screen to bring up ability panels or skill trees, inventory, etc etc.

Most of the time, in WoW, you're just standing in one place, clicking to do spells.
  9. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah a toned down version is more likely to happen, but not the full-out Warcraft that it is now. I still think that WoW (and RuneScape) are too complex of games to be ported to iPhone OS.

Whichever developer gets the right/takes on the task of toning down either of those games for iPhone OS would be instant millionaires. A RuneScape application would hit #1 for paid applications guaranteed.