Preview Does anybody...

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by bsblade, Apr 10, 2008.

1. bsblade

bsblade New Member

Does anybody think that it would be cool if i (or someone else) created a theme that was upside down? You would just have to flip all of the icons. If this theme was created, your dock would be on top (kinda cool and different), and also, your headphone jack would be on top like a regular ipod. i dont really know how useful this would be, but it would certainly be novel.
  2. TheFwump38

TheFwump38 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, how would you get the dock on top? You would have to fake it by making the dock image into the wallpaper and having your real dock be invisible. Then your dock icons would not really be in a dock and thus, not show up on each page. Also, the status bar would be at top still. With text that would be upside down. Oh and you would obviously have to turn off icon titles.

It would be fun to trick your friends though if it could be pulled off.
  3. bsblade

bsblade New Member

the dock would be at the top because you would literally just have your ipod flipped upside down with upside down icons. the status bar would be the only thing that wouldnt work. but if people can move it for the horizontal themes, im sure someone could manage to flip it.
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

you cant move the statusbar - people use wallpapers with fake docks and statusbars in them.

if you look closely at the screenshots you can still see the statusbar
  5. bsblade

bsblade New Member

is there anyway to make an application that mimics a statusbar? have it actually display the time and wifi signal and everything. it could have a menu where you set your regular status bar to transparent, and then select where you the "fake" one to go. then it could even have an interface where you could easily customize the images on it. i think that would be cool.
  6. jord

jord New Member

seems like a lot of work to have an upside down ipod...

I mean if you clicked any apps.. they would all be displayed upside down and you'd have to flip it around anyways
  7. bsblade

bsblade New Member

well the application i was thinking of wouldnt just be for an upside down theme. it could be used for horizontal themes and even a regular themes, so that the status bar would be way more easily customized.