Does anybody know what the price is for the Ipad in Canada?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by van2010rulz, Apr 18, 2010.

1. van2010rulz

van2010rulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well since i didn't look at the prices before Apple bumped the release date in Canada. Can anybody tell me the prices or where i could find them?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I don't think the prices were even up yet, at least not to my knowledge.
  3. van2010rulz

van2010rulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I thought i saw it when you were to reserve one at Future Shop or Best Buy. Maybe im wrong it was 2 months ago.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Hmm, maybe, I haven't heard of any way to pre-order them in Canada, not even 2 months ago

Please Register or Log in to view images

But by looking Apple's prices in the US to their prices in Canada, it will probably be between $20-50 more than the US price. So the 16gb Wifi version, which is $500 US, will probably be $550 CAD. Though, I'm kind of ignoring the exchange rate since they're almost the same.
  5. van2010rulz

van2010rulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thats a good point. That really sucks that we as Canadians don't know the price. Why doesn't Apple release it now?
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Not really sure why it's been delayed, but I heard that Apple didn't expect it to be this popular, so they probably need to sell the iPads that they were planning to ship to other countries, so it'll take a little longer to get those shipments back. But I also heard that it's been delayed because a lot of people have been returning their iPads because of Wifi issues, overheating issues etc, or they're just returning it because they don't need it. Either way, it's been delayed.
  7. van2010rulz

van2010rulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for pointing that out. I finally get it. But i was wondering why doesn't Apple release the prices now. Sorry about that.

8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Haha, no reason to be sorry

and I agree, Apple should release the prices and at least allow pre-ordering.
  9. van2010rulz

van2010rulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If I could pre order I would and to at least know the price would make me so happy. Idk why Apple will not release the price. On their website the icon for buy now has been changed to a different icon. I think it's notify me but as if they would tell you anything new. The only thing they would is " Sorry the ipad has been delayed for another month". I want the ipad so much because I'm typing this on my iPod Touch!!!!!!!!
  10. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yea i thought for sure they would unveil the prices at the iPhone 4.0 firmware keynote ... would have been the 2nd best news besides multitasking