Does any store repairs water damaged iPods?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JJ-Hoon, Jul 18, 2009.

1. JJ-Hoon

JJ-Hoon New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hi, I recently had my iPod been dropped into the toilet by a now black and blue cousin when I found out that Apple did not cover water damage in their warranty.

So, I was wondering if I went to Best buy, Future shop or Walmart, if they would repair my Pod for a cost.

If so, would you tell me what stores do repair em, and how much?

Thanks, this forums been a big help to me, and without it I would wasted a lot of time working for the money for a new iPod. Lets hope I don't this time... Thanks
  2. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am not certain but I don't think there is, because water damage could have completely destroyed any number of components inside
  3. abakalad

abakalad Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    how long since it has been dropped in water. put it in a bag of rice for a few days to dry out. do not try to turn on in this time. it should fix it provided it hasnt been too long. do this immediately and report back in like 2 days
  4. JJ-Hoon

JJ-Hoon New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Its been 4 days approx. Ive blowdryed it for 30 minutes every day with cool air.
    I tried to turn it on, no response. I have yet to try charging it. I just put the ipod inside a bowl of rice and then I saran wrapped it. Gawd I hope this works... thanks for your reply man
  5. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    theres this one guy on craigslist...check you local listings i think he will let you ship it to him and he'll ship it back, but idk if i would trust that....
    thats all i have to contribute (idk any stores...)...other than make your cousin pay you for a new one

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jmckeemckee

jmckeemckee New Member

We repair ipods, but once its been soaked like that, if the rice trick did'nt work, its not going to be worth repairing. You could easily have to replace every part in it, and it'd cost more than what a brand new one would. Even though its been a few days, give the rice bag a try, leave it in there for several days, then try it/charge it and see what happens. Good luck!

Jerrod
    www.droppedlaptop.com
  7. lehman310

lehman310 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do rapidrepair they fix stuff cheap they take orders from around the world