Does a screen protector stop fingerprints?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by skinnny101, Jan 4, 2008.

1. skinnny101

skinnny101 New Member

Hey guys,
    As it says above, Does a screen protector stop fingerprints? I'm thinking about getting one of those "Invisible Shield" ones which are supposed to impossible to scratch. And those who say the iPod touch is unscratchable must have gotten better iPods than me because i have gotten a couple of scratches, I'm not too worried about them though. The fingerprints are more noticable, it's just when i wipe them all off i can see them.

So i have 3 questions to anyone who has a screen protector of some sort (or even if you just have an opinion):
    1. Does a screen protector get fingerprints on it as easily as the ipod screen?
    2. Does a screen protector interfere with the iPod's "touch" ability or cause it to be less sensetive (does it make it worse).
    3. Is a full body protector worth it?

By the way i would post a pic of the scratch on the screen of my iPod but the camera seems to be broken

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now we need to get a new one

2. Kurtangletn

Kurtangletn New Member

Are you sure they aren't just a bit of stuck grime?

Try a tiny tab of water and some scrubbing, I thought I had some scratches a couple of times, it just turns out there kind of tough to get off.

Someone I know said she still sees fingerprints with her invisibleshield protectors, and from what I've seen it doesn't interfere with the touch at all. The full body question is kind of your personal decision, do you really value the back and overall look of the touch? Honestly I know many who could care less about the scratches on the back, but a lot want to keep it as shiny and reflective as possible!
  3. skinnny101

skinnny101 New Member

Definitly not grime. I know exactly what your talking about and it's not. I've given it a really good scrub with a cloth and it's not working. The scratches are pretty hard to see though. The only way you would notice is if it is turned off and in direct light at the perfect angle.
  4. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I have a good quality screen protector I bought off ebay. It really goes on well, no air bubbles.

Fingerprints do show, but I think you will always get that......they come off easy enough.
  5. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i bought an anti glare protector from the apple store and it works amazing against fingerprints nevr have to worry. and i actually think it helps the touch screen.
    i love it
  6. PhoisGOOD

PhoisGOOD New Member

search iwrap

if u can scratch it they will send u another one for free
  7. benbraun

benbraun New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i've got the anti glare protector from the apple store, too and it really is amazing, no fingerprints at all, but it feels a little different and has a little more resistants when sliding on it. I also got the incase silicon case from the apple store to protect the back
  8. grant_gibson

grant_gibson New Member

I have the invisible shield,it works great against scratches,i hardly ever get fingerprints on it,only if ive eaten chips before hand lol,they come of easy nough with a rub of the t-shirt. The touch capability isnt harmed one bit with it on, everythings works just as it does witout one. Although the shield does gives a tiny bumpy/rubbery feel but i actially like it batter that way,harder to slip of tables etc.
  9. Delete Control

Delete Control New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi!
    I've got sreen protectors like invisible shiedls for my Nintendo DS. At first I feel to touch harder but now I have it since a year or so and I can't feel the difference.. Except that my touch screen is cleaner than others without a screen protection.
    I still don't have my iPod touch but I've order a screen protector from eBay.
  10. skinnny101

skinnny101 New Member

I think I'll get the screen preotector, not so much for scratches (however at least i wouldn't have to worry when the screen is rubbing the earphones in my pocket), but more for fingerprints. Grant Gibson said the fingerprints rub off easy with the screen protector, without one on mine i have to cleat it for a few m\inutes before they come off otherwise they just smudge

Thanks for all the replies