Does 2.2 cost anything?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LovesToTouch, Nov 24, 2008.

1. LovesToTouch

LovesToTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hi, Im new to the Ipod hacking scene im a long time psp, xbox1, and xbox 360 hacker. Im ordering a 1g touch for sale in a few days, and plan on jailbreaking as soon as i get it. Now i was reading around the web on the differences between 1g and 2g and i read you have to pay for 2.1 for the 1g iPod touch, On one of the 1g versus 2g articles. Will i have to pay for 2.2 on a 1g iPod touch? Again, Thanks for the help.
  2. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

If you've already paid for 2.0 , no.
    Otherwise , yes.
  3. LovesToTouch

LovesToTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Im not very educated on iPod firmware. Now i know on other devices like the psp theres allways edited firmware you can apply like the m33 firmwares for the psp. Do they have firmwares like this on the iPod touch? And How much is 2.0 firmware? I plan on buying some iTunes giftcards for some of the apps i allready know i want. So i'll probally just buy it with one of those.
  4. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

You can jailbreak the firmware , to get hacked firmware.
    And it's 10 bucks , on the legal scale.
    And if you live in Canada , you can't buy apps with a card , just so you know.
    I don't know about firmware.
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You need to purchase the Firmware 2.0 update for $9.99 through iTunes, and all following updates such as 2.1 and 2.2 are free. I'll add on to what ryanlusk was saying by letting you know that you can't purchase this firmware update with an iTunes gift card if you live in Canada. You'll need to use a credit card.
  6. LovesToTouch

LovesToTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Oh 10 bucks isn't bad at all. I live in the US so i should have no problem right?
    I here i'll need a Card to get a itunes account unless i want to give them my CC which i don't.

1 more question I here a bunch of people saying that you don't get a warranty with jailbroken firmware. Since its a softmod for a iPod touch couldn't you just restore to stock firmware? I don't get how a download can void your warranty...

Thanks for all the help guys, This forum seems very friendly and i think i'll enjoy being a member.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    also do you know if all the games work on the 1g like they would on the 2g for example supermonkeyball and stuff?
  7. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, all the games that work on the 2G will work on the 1G. Really the only notice-able difference is that the 2G has the ability to play the sounds of the games through the speaker, versus the 1G needing headphones. Cannot wait for a 2G jailbreak, even it it will take awhile =]. Soooo worth it
  8. kashi_kanashi

kashi_kanashi New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The way the warranty worked is if you "jailbreak" your iPod jailbreak, in this tense is taking access from the /../mobile/media/ to the root of the iPod, freeing the ipod from it's 'jail', this is looked down by the apple warranty, but if you restore it the iPod goes back to it's 'jail' and you can't detect that that it has been jailbroken unless there are logs left behind

and to your 2nd question yes it should with the exception of the apps that need a mic (i think)