Doe stocks only work with american listed shares?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pattyadams, Oct 22, 2007.

1. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

Hi
    I'm in Australia and wondering if stocks will work with the Australian listed shares. I tried a couple of codes but the shares weren't found.
  2. aluadim

aluadim New Member

You can find stocks from most of all of the world. (Stocks.app uses Yahoo Finance).
    In my case (from Brazil) I need to enter the same symbol that we use here and add ".SA".
    In your case you must add ".ax".
    For example: TELSTRA code in Australian Stock Exchange is TLS. In your Ipod Touch you must input TLS.AX

Hope it helps.
  3. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

Thanx I'll try it shortly I hope. I had removed stocks but when I now re-install it nothing works and then it just closes after a few secs. Just off to search if anyone else on this forum has had this problem. It was working fine before I uninstalled it!!!

OK worked it out ...forgot to do the right click/0755/tick the box bit.

...and yes adding the AX on the end works. For the benefit of anyone else...it has to be entered in capitals.
  4. neopod

neopod New Member

just tried this for UK shares/stocks and works great, was originally disappointed thinking it was US only but I can also confirm this isn't the case. For UK share just add ".l" (l for london i guess) after the stock code, but I didn't need to use capitals.

For other countries I'd say the best thing to do is go to yahoo finance then look up your stock and see what abbreviation you need to use