Docs to Go -Office vs. Pages

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SaMaster14, Aug 30, 2010.

1. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Basically... which is better??

I have Microsoft office on my Mac, so I would think that importing documents from my Mac to my iPad would be smoother with Docs to Go... but what is this new Pages app? It seems really promising.

So... I guess, which is better (both are $9.99)?
    I need something where I can type and create documents that I can sync/send between my Mac and my iPad for school (I will be taking notes on my ipad in school, so I would like to get those to my computer). Plus, I may have something on my Mac (homework or an essay) that I sync to my iPad to bring to school... and I will be editing at school, or showing to my teachers.

So... which would be better for that... or are they pretty much interchangeable?

Thanks!
  2. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    I think Pages would work fine for you, tons of features.
  3. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Can you do an excel type sheet on pages too?
    I may be using that as well... instead of just docs. (I know docs to go has Documents, Excel, and Powerpoint). Don't know much about Pages to tell the truth.
  4. LxRoyaling

LxRoyaling New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    nope, Pages is like Microsoft Word in Office, there are also Numbers (Excel functions) and Keynote (PowerPoint functions)
  5. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    So I would have to purchase 3 different apps... for what the Docs to Go can do all in one?

I feel like docs to go is the way to go here, in that situation.

Thanks for the input... but I'm still deciding... so any more information would be really helpful!
  6. LxRoyaling

LxRoyaling New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you can get the Docs To Go ($10) if you want the essentials or Docs To Go Premium ($15)for the complete suite.
  7. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Honestly.. Pages just look so much better than Docs to Go... plus it looks like it was created just for the iPad... while docs to go is like a dumbed down version of the PC/Mac Microsoft Documents.

I probably won't be using excel sheets that much... and I'm sure I would still be able to view them on the iPad...

This decision is pretty hard (since I really don't want to end up spending $20 for two of almost the exact same app)
  8. LxRoyaling

LxRoyaling New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well, I think that Pages is better when the user has the iWork suite for the Mac, and the Docs to Go is better for Microsoft Office, due to the same file saving for each pair.
  9. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    ahh ok, that makes sense.
    And docs to go looks pretty good (Pages is just 'prettier' haha)

Though, on the pages info it says that it works with Microsoft office. So if Word and Pages play well together I'll probably get pages... (as long as the docs can go back and forth between word on my Mac and pages on my iPad).
  10. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    I'm pretty sure they can, I haven't gotten it to test it out just yet though.