iPhone 3G Docking iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PieOPah, Apr 28, 2009.

1. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have had an iPod for years...

Originally I had a basic iPod (I think it was a 2G or 3G, can't remember exactly) which came with a dock and wall charger (and only a firewire cable so I had to buy a USB cable!).
    After this, I upgraded to a Video iPod, which unfortunately only came with a USB cable (no firewire anymore).
    I then bought an iPod Touch (1G)

All the while I used each device in the original dock and never had any problems.

Now, I have bought myself the iPhone. So, why is it I now have a problem with the dock? When plugged in, a message appears on the screen advising me to go into Airplane Mode as I won't be able to receive calls.

Have apple decided that they want even more money out of me if I want to use my dock? Is there anything I can do to keep using it without missing calls?

Many thanks,
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Seems that this isn't really a problem... I have been able to test and I still receive calls etc. I just say No to turning Airplane Mode on...

Annoying that this message appears, but liveable!
  2. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Dude, I have a 250$ iPod Stereo. Made especially for iPods. Whenever I dock my iPhone and say no to Airplane mode the speakers start buzzing and stuff. Even if the stereo's on silent. You're lucky.
  3. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

its something normal in the dock's programming. i have one too, the Apple Universal Dock, but sometimes when i do plug it in for charging, it never asks to put it in Airplane Mode.