dock with video output for home theater system

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chrisrobey77, Jan 16, 2008.

1. chrisrobey77

chrisrobey77 New Member

I'm currently looking for a home theater with Ipod integration. Are there any out there that work with audio and video output from the touch? I am aware that the mini plug used on previous Ipod generations does not work. I did see a post that 1.1.3 now enables video via the universal dock, however that thread has conflicting information in it. That being said I'm currently researching the Philips HTS3555 or HTS3544. Any ideas?
  2. genenius

genenius New Member

I have an Onkyo home theater system and it doesn't have 'in the box' ipod attachments, but you can get an add-on for it that will connect your ipod to it. Check with various manufacturers or their websites to see if they have an add-on for the iPod.
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  4. genenius

genenius New Member

Here's a link to the one I was talking about: http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=DS-A2X&class=Accessory&p=i

Anyhow, it won't do video for the iPod touch, just audio; so I don't think it would help you if you wanted the video part as well (unless you have an earlier iPod w/ Video. More requirements/supported iPods:

Supported iPods
    • 4th Generation iPod with Click Wheel (Latest Software Version)
    • 5th Generation iPod with Video (Latest Software Version)
    • iPod Photo (Latest Software Version)
    • iPod Mini (Latest Software Version)
    • iPod Nano (Latest Software Version)
    Audio Only
    • iPod Touch
    • iPod Classic
    • iPod Nano (3rd gen)
    • iPhone
    Not Supported
    • 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen iPod
  5. chrisrobey77

chrisrobey77 New Member

I'm really looking for an all in one solution (don't want another remote). I just ordered the Philips so I'll let you know if it works as desired. Also I'm pretty "cheap", 100 bucks for a docking station and cables is ridiculous, especially when I'm getting an entire home theater system with a dock for 175. Granted that might be without video but still......