DOCK screws up YOUR 1.1.4 iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by Unknown-Guy, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

Natetrue's dock, from the install section SYSTEM, screws up you 1.1.4.

After having to restore like 9 times, I figured out that dock screws up your ipod.
    Dock is responsible, for the "broken stanby".
    When dock is installed and you run a command in terminal, you can easily get the following error: When you hit standby only the screen gets darker but you can still see the unlock screen. And when you launch an application, it launches, but the the touch screen doen't work , as in you can't press anything.

To fix this uninstall dock. But, if your ipod is stuck in the error, u need to reset your springboard, by either leaving your ipod off over night, or installing killBoard, or Respring and running it(install through ssh and set the permissions to 755. And then uninstalling dock through installer.
    Another way that sometimes works for me is.Disconnected from wires, holding stanby+ home till you reset, wait for the apple logo to appear. And let go of stanby but still hold home. It should NOT go into recovery. Once u see your unlock screen, do nothing but still hold home. After 10 seconds the screen turns black. Now you can go to Installer and uninstall Dock.

Tell me if it worked for u, becuase it worked for me, and I didn't restore now it 2 days(lol).
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have been using dock since 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 and never had any problems with it. I have had the problem you mentioned but before i installed dock.
  3. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

I was also using DOCK since 1.1.1, that's why I didn't suspect it for being responsible for my problems, that's why I restored so many times,I just couldn't figure out what the problem was. Now I recently restored, got that error, Then I uninstalled DOCK and never had a problem again.

Maybe I get that error becuase I use Cydia+ Fake BSD, rather then BSD subsystem. Iunno
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yup thats what i thought. it Cydia thats the problem. They say the system it installs is just like BSD subsystem but its not. Slightly different. Its give and take with the two i guess.
  5. iclone

iclone New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well yesterday i installed DOCK on my fresh restored ipod
    i got the sunbust, but it didnt work
    back in installer it got stuck on the mainscreen
    couldnt uninstall, just restored, again

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i used to have dock, but then noticed that sometimes it would run, and sometimes it wouldn't. yesterday i installed caterpillar 1.2, heard that it could possibly not work okayzam with dock, so just uninstalled, as the sunburst was rarely seen.
  7. bolshoi

bolshoi New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have the same experience but instead i have the bsd subsystem not cydia so i think its the dock app generic problem regarding if you have cydia or bsd.

i did all the possible solutions for about 4 hours including erasing all the remnants of dock app using phone browsers (because i cannot use the installer) to no avail so the ultimate solution was to restore back and rejailbreak.

BTW this is the scenario i've got into with:
    after installing the dock app, it really did worked normally on my ipot and i think the problem only happened after i installed the jiggy runtime.

Is the problem really with the dock app? or with the jiggy runtime? or the combination of both?

I really liked to know what really causes it because i've lost all my ipot files after restoration (i dont have backup, sorry for me) and i'm now on the process of re-installing all my lost apps and if one or both of these apps are the culprit, than i would know before re-installing any or both of them than, THANKS TO ALL.
  8. RileyBen

RileyBen Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yea thanks so much for posting this. I installed dock and it was fine until i rebooted. then i had all these issues but installed killboard and have uninstalled dock. I am so glad I do not have to restore.
  9. batman27

batman27 Banned

Yeah i got the spinning circle of death when i installed dock again on 1.1.4.
  10. Erich03

Erich03 New Member

It's extremely true! I have a 1.1.4, 16Gig, iPod Touch. Everything was fine, then I downloaded Dock, and the same situation happened to me. When I clicked standby, you could still see the "Lock" screen. I do not think "Dock" should be installed...