Dock Reflection

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JonSingh12, Dec 11, 2007.

1. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Slight problem i no longer seem to have a dock reflection for the icons in the dock. Any solution.

P.S I do not have the "remove dock reflection application installed"

I do however have a backup of my iPod stored on my hard drive. If anyone knows what file controls the dock reflection then please state Thanks.

Take Care,
    Jon

Edit: My problem was that i installed the phone app and sms app and applied the settings to the the plist for the springboard apps. What i needed to do now is do a little mod to get the reflection back. This mod is one originally made for the iPhone however works on the touch of you h ave the phone and sms apps installed and you've writting info to the springboard plist file.

Follow this tut to get your reflection back
    http://limitededitioniphone.com/auto-reflective-dock-for-iphone-like-ipod-touch/
  2. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    are you using custom icons? Could be that the PNG's are larger than 60x60. I remember i made some 70x70 icons and the reflection was gone, but with 60x60 they worked again.
  3. sangesf

sangesf New Member

Good way to test out his theory, is to use customize and hide ALL your icons and see if your dock comes back...

If it does, you know that your icons are too bid,

If it doesn't then you know the dock reflection has been removed...
  4. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yep tried it but there still is no reflection i even went into summerboard and clicked to disable theme icons and still no reflection anyway to re-enable this.
  5. sangesf

sangesf New Member

I would try to install the "remove dock reflection" app and then uninstall it... might work...

It might be one of those, "Ya never know" things that works.

fxs
  6. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yea great suggestion however that didn't fix it any more solutions please. It just randomly happened. I tried uninstalling customize and still nothing.
  7. sangesf

sangesf New Member

How about this????

Do you have the, "Skip last row" set to on? If it's set to off and the bottom row of icons are too big, the reflection will go away.

Let me know.
  8. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Found out my problem i replaced the springboard.app with a backup and i recieved my reflections again it seems to be with the whole installation of the phone app and sms app