dock question...

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by ag11hockey, Jan 14, 2008.

1. ag11hockey

ag11hockey New Member

how can i get it so my dock isnt half way off the screen on the bottom?...i would use screenshot but it messed up my ipod badly...i had to restore it. any way what can i do to get the dock to appear all the way on the screen?
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

There are a few ways.

1) Install my Advanced Settings from Installer and turn off the iPod dock.
    2) Install my Customize Fix from within Installer.
    3) Go into /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and rename SBDockBG2.png to SBDock.png.
  3. ag11hockey

ag11hockey New Member

i went and did the 3rd way and it did nothing... did i mention the dock i made was custom... made the right size and all it just wont appear all on screen like its positioned too low... any other ideas maybe?
  4. SkylarEC

Whoops, I typo'd. You should have renamed SBDockBG2.png as SBDockBG.png. Don't forget to backup SBDockBG.png first by renaming it as SBDockBG.png.backup.

The best way to fix this though would be to install my Advanced preferences and turn the iPod Dock off. Then respring and you should be all set.
  5. ag11hockey

ag11hockey New Member

where can i install that do i need a source? its not in the installer
  6. SkylarEC

You'll need to install the Official iPodTouchFans Repository. Go into Installer --> Sources, click Edit, then Add and add this:

http://www.touchrepo.com/repo.xml

Make sure the xml is lower case, as the iPod likes to capitalise the xml, causing the source not to load.
  7. ag11hockey

ag11hockey New Member

thanks alot skylar... i installed it and it works!! i am real happy now that my freakin theme works right... thank you!