Dock Image Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tudj, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Tudj

Tudj New Member

Hi

I have accedentily replaced the default Dock background image with a custom one using Customize, when I restore my Ipod Touch to unmodded firmware, the custom dock image is still visable (unless 1.1.1 where default is shown).

Is it possible for me to SSH and grab the default dock image used in 1.1.1 and place it so that the other firmwares will use the correct default dock image?

If so where would I find the correct default image and where would I place it?

Thank you for any help given.

Tudj.

EDIT:

In System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ I have found that I have a "SBdockBG.png" and "SBdockBG2.png", is there any program that can view these files? although they show as .png Photoshop will not open them nor will the default windows pictures softwares.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  3. Tudj

Tudj New Member

Thanks for that.

So I found that in System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ "SBdockBG2.png" is the custom image that I want rid of, so I backed up the file on my desktop and deleted it from the above location but the image is still on my springboard, any ideas on how I get rid of it? I'm guessing that the image is somewhere else on the iPod and I need to deleted that aswell.

The first time I deleted the image while on 1.1.1 and then upgraded to 1.1.4 and the image remained so I jailbroke 1.1.4 and deleted it again but the image is still there.
  4. Tudj

Tudj New Member

I dont like bumping but I need help

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Tudj

Tudj New Member

another shameless bump