Dock and Screenshot.app WARNING

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Axis, Dec 26, 2007.

?

Which is Better for Screenshots: Dock or Screenshot.app?

1. Dock

48.5%
  2. Screenshot.app

39.0%
  3. What's a screenshot????

12.5%
  1. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have heard reports that screenshot.app (Robota) can cause problems, ranging in severity, on your iPod Touch. I personally use screenshot.app, and it has worked fine. However, there was a time when I had both AND screenshot.app installed and my screen began to flash. I panicked at first but then simply reset (not restored) my ipod and the the flashing ceased. I did end up uninstalling Dock after neither program succeeded in taking a screenshot. A friend of mine claimed his screenshot.app caused his iPod to freak out, requiring a restore. I believe that screenshot.app and Dock work fine as long as they are both not installed at the same time.

Please post whether or not you think Dock and Screenshot.app have compatibility issues and explain why with a reason or two.

ALSO post any problems you have encountered with either.
  2. axelis6

axelis6 New Member

i had the same problem..

i taped it.. later im gonna post it in here or the link... idk.. its so scary :S
  3. mambotango

mambotango New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Is this issue happening because of both apps being installed? I really like screenshot and I dont use dock app. So far though I haven't had any problems with screenshot app alone.
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes, I only had a problem with both installed. I use screenshot.app alone and it has been functioning properly.
  5. streather

streather Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    i had just screenshot installed on its own and it completely messed my ipod up, flashing white and black lines, couldn't get into the ipod, when i did manage to get in only part of the screen worked, i restored and its working fine now, just not installing that app again

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. sean22

sean22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i dont trust screenshot either way i dont want to restore mi ipod for a 3rd time, that app needs a fix
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Dock is perfect. There are absolutely no problems that it causes. The closest thing to a problem with Dock was a conflict it had with the old version of Labyrinth that caused screen flicker while playing, but that was a problem Labyrinth, no Dock. If you create the directory ~/Media/DCIM/100APPLE, all the screenshots will saved there in jpg format.

Screenshot.app only causes a problem when you are trying to reboot/ respring while the app is open and working.
    The Fix:
    1. Open SSH, SFTP, iBrickr, iPhuc, or whatever else you use to gain access to your iPod and delete /Applications/Screenshot.app.
    2. Reboot the iPod. You'll notice teh buttons still overlaid on the screen.
    3. Open Installer and Uninstall Screenshop.app.
    4. Reinstall Screenshot.app.
    5. Open Screenshot.app and turn everything off. you should be all set. If you'd rather not deal with this in the future:
    6. Openj Installer and uninstall Screenshot.app.

*****There is also a third option. Scour the internet for another screenshot.app. Place this in /Applications/Screenshot and create an Info.plist however you'd like. No matter from where you are no the iPod, lock screen, coverflow, wherever, you can open your SSH client and type in /Applications/Screenshot/Screenshot and you'll get a screenshot. This is perfect for times that neither of the previous apps are able to Capture.
  8. jango271

jango271 Banned

I had this problem, and panicked. I did a full restore; big mistake. Oh well.
  9. sangesf

sangesf New Member

I had the same problem with Dock and SCreenshot.

I fortunately was able to remove Screenshot.app without an issue.

The Dock's version of "Screenshot" works just fine.

I'm sure Screenshot.app works fine, It's just that I have Dock installed and I like it ALOT. So I'll stick with DOCK and that's not.

neither here nor there, I guess it's just a personal preference.

fxs
  10. chrisburke

chrisburke New Member

screenshot.app messed over my iPod big time, but dock works GREAT