Do your .strings files get reset when you unjailbreak?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Ryan S., Sep 2, 2009.

1. Ryan S.

Ryan S. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Basically the question on the title. I messed up my springboard.strings file without backing up ( now I know

Please Register or Log in to view images

).
    I was kindly handed the iphones springboard.strings by someone on this forum. The only problem with this is when I switch my ipod touch on it freezes at start up on the apple boot logo and just sticks on that until it is plugged into the computer.

So does anyone know the title question? or could someone maybe send me their springboard.strings file (2.2.1 firmware ipod touch 2g)

?

Thanks in advance
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The springboard.strings are replaced to default when you restore as long as you do not restore from backup.

I'm afraid that the person that sent you the .strings on this forum shouldn't have. We can't send you the springboard.strings because that would be unauthorized distribution of copyrighted files. It's not only against forum rules but also illegal. You can attempt to extract it out of the firmware if you want (I think that's it

)
  3. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

yeah. for example, if you change the slider text, then backup your phone, then restore, then restore from backup, you still have the changed slider text. unjailbreaking (restoring) clears everything back to factory settings. the backup does remember some of the jailbroken content (like the strings and numeric battery).