Do You Think Windows Phone Can Become a Legitimate iPhone and Android Competitor?

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by News Bot, Dec 3, 2012.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Sure. They are great phones. Their App Store needs a little more development though.
    iBeans likes this.
  3. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, definitely possible. I used to be hardcore iOS only. But lately, Android itself has already been able to make me side with them from the Samsung Galaxy S3. If some company, like Nokia, makes an incredible flagship phone as Samsung did with the S3, I think it can take off. Already I'm feeling some love for the Windows 8 Microsoft Surface tablet, and I'm even considering buying a Microsoft Surface Pro considering it has an i5 processor and stylus/touch capabilities, something I had wished the iPad had from day one and still doesn't have. Surface has been out for less than a year and they're already considering these capabilities, they are innovating.
    iBeans, Zyiros and Joe Rossignol like this.
  4. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, forgot to mention that. That's a huge part of it. Nothing will ever, ever, EVER beat the iOS ecosystem. It's too good, too developed for anyone to ever beat. Apple has that.
  5. SilverShip

SilverShip Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad
    Not with BB 10 on the horizon. Be scared.
  6. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    [​IMG]
    Sunshoopa, 4NewHop3, Arth and 4 others like this.
  7. Sarboyo1

Sarboyo1 New Member

Already upgraded to an HTC 8x... Honestly I'm loving it so much right now. Hopefully Microsoft rolls out updates and stays dedicated.
    iPwn and iBeans like this.
  8. jotokun

jotokun Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I doubt it. The problem with Windows Phone is, it doesnt have Android's freedom OR iOS's ease of use. Its an attempt to be a middleman without understanding why people chose the platforms they choose. So with no unique edge, not many apps, and a poor update track record (Ask anyone who bought a WP7 handset what they think of WP8), why would anyone want to chance it now?

I'm not saying its bad, or that Android/iOS are perfect. But those two have clear target audiences. WinPhone is just a "me too!" OS that doesnt bring anything new to the table.

BB10 may stand a chance just because of RIM's business reputation and BBM. That'll be a much more fair fight for the two dominate OSs.
    ValleyForge likes this.
  9. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

It's colorful. So yes.
    TOT_tomdora likes this.
  10. Max Peck

Max Peck Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5C
    I stopped by a "Best Buy Mobile" store in the Daytona mall the other day. There were approximately 95 to 100 different phones on display. Only 1 (yeah, ONE ... O.N.E.) on display was a Windows phone. It had it's own dedicated stand toward the back of the store. Think it was getting any attention? Nope. There were a dozen or so people browsing the store, too.

Microsoft doesn't have a chance if they can't do better than that. I, personally, won't touch it with a 10-foot-pole. Not only is "Metro" an ugly front-end, it's just obvious (from all the places I've been around here) that NOBODY WANTS ONE.

YMMV, but that's what I'm seeing 'round here.