Do you think they will be able to jailbreak the 2G ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by farahm2, Oct 11, 2008.

1. farahm2

farahm2 New Member

Ok i kinda need some suggestions. I am in the middle of a very awkward problem. I really want to get an ipod touch. I was this close to getting one, then i heard that they are making the second generation ipod touch. JUST today, i found out that, currently, there is no jailbreak for that ipod. The whole jailbreak thing is a BIG part in why i want to get an ipod. Anyway, i did some research about it, and i found out that (im not too sure if it's 100% true) the only way to jailbreak the 2G ipod, if there is any way at all, is to modify the hardware, which i am not willing to do.

So, heres the thing. I was planning on getting an ipod 2g soon, but after finding out that there is no jailbreak for it, and that if there even is at all, its gunna be a hardware mod, im kinda skeptical about getting it now. Now, i dont want to buy the 1G ipod, then find out that there there is now a jailbreak for the 2G ipod, but on the other hand, i dont want to get the 2G ipod, and find out that i cannot do anything that i could have done on a jailbroken ipod. So what should i do? BTW, there is a HIGH possibility that i am going to be gettin the ipod overseas. If i DONT get it overseas, im probably going to buy it from a friend, so either way, returning it is not really an option. Do you think they will be able to jailbreak the 2G ipod touch any time soon?
  2. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    dude, the 2G ipod is out, you cant buy a 1G anymore and yes, it will be jailbroken, but it will require a hordware mod as of now (meaning opening your ipod and snipping some wires and stuff)
  3. farahm2

farahm2 New Member

yeah, i know all of that, but are you sure that i cannot buy the 1st gen ipod anymore?
  4. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

Off eBay you probably can.
  5. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I'm sure people are selling off their old iPod so maybe you could get a used on for a pretty good price.
  6. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

You can get them on apple.com , under the clearance section.
  7. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I would just get the 2G
  8. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ...... No. The only reason there was even hardware parts was because the difference in processors..... Not because they need to change hardware around. I'm hoping for a jailbreak after I get $100 more in Ad Revenue.
  9. farahm2

farahm2 New Member

yeah, ebay would probably have them. but that's not the point. I dont want to have to end up buying the First generation ipod. Anyone know anything about the Itouch 2G jailbreak, that's the point.
  10. loaf-

loaf- New Member

Just get the 2G. I got mine yesterday and there is actually a pretty big difference between the two. Just to state a few, I noticed it was hard to draw good circles on the 1G in any of the doodling apps. It's perfect on this thing. The speakers are nice and it has bluetooth that I'm sure eventually will be exploitable. Get the 2G and wait it out. It'll happen. Many bright minds are working on.