Do you think that this hacker vs. apple war should stop?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by I_am_Mad_like_This, Feb 3, 2008.

?

Should we stop this war?

1. It should once the SDK comes out

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. No, I am starting to get into this

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. I kinda am getting tired of it

5 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. I will still jailbreak, unless they give the app pack for free

18 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

With all these

Touch wars - The Apple Menace
    Touch wars - Attack of the Hackers
    Touch wars - Revenge of the Firmware
    Touch wars - A new Jailbreak
    Touch wars - The Corporation Strikes Back
    Touch wars - Return of the Jailbreak

Well yeah

This should all end with a happy SDK that will let us install 3rd party apps
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If the apps released under the SDK cost more than they are worth then I will certainly be jailbreaking. But then I like doing it, others might just go with the SDK.
  3. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There is no War...

I bought a bit of electronics from Apple. Apple and I disagree over how much access I should have to the electronics I bought.

If Apple changes their mind and gives me the same level of access in an official release, then I'll use that. If not, I will continue to use this alternate method.

It has nothing to do with $. It's all about control.

Now, on the iPhone, there is a war... since an unlocked iPhone costs apple about $120/yr in lost kickback revenue from AT&T. But that's unlocking, not jailbreaking.

This topic really doesn't belong in this area - it could go in general discussion, or Jailbreaking, perhaps.
  4. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

its not a war...youre mis-interperting this whole jailbreaking concept...people just want more freedom on a device that is a nice pile of money...there is no war...if there was, apple would be coming out with patches much more often if they'd care that much...they do care, but they just want money
  5. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

like a rally against dictatorship? people power revolution or something?
  6. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's not a war. Now if you talk about Sony, that's another thing. Besides, it's fun pissing them off (coming from an Apple fanboy.)

I loved your Star Wars puns by the way.
  7. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if it was a war then apple would patch firmwares accordingly and FORCE upgrades to enjoy new content....like on the PSP you needed to upgrade to a locked firmware to play the newest games. If Apple would be releasing something like that then there would be a war
  8. Young Spade

Young Spade New Member

The "war" is helping both sides. It gives the hackers something to do that benefits us all and it makes Apple keep working to produce more and more cool stuff. Its like if there was only 1 video game console. People always want 360, Wii, or the PS3 to win, but if there is only one, there is no competition and that means higher prices, worse games and a worse next gen system.
  9. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Ok, I dont want to sound like previous posters by posting the exact same words but, the war is non-existant... yea thats cool. Apple really doesnt care if we jailbreak our iPods, they mainly care about people unlocking their iphones, which as someone previously said, costs them huge amounts of cash. The reason we, as iPod touch jailbreakers, are having trouble jailbreaking because of new fixes is because Apple is patching the firmware for the iPhone. Seeing as the firmware for both devices is nearly identical and jailbreak processes are very identical, the reason we are having touble jailbreaking with new firmwares is because they have been patched for the iPhone. The so-called war is between Apple and iPhone unlockers, we are just collateral.

Thats my shpeil... thats just my interpretation of the situation, I could be wrong but thats just how I feel.