Do you think people understand how amazing and revolutionary the ipod touch is?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kamimel, Dec 6, 2009.

?

Do you think people don't appeciate the revolutionary technology of the ipod touch?

1. I agree and I know how you feel.

47 vote(s)
    71.2%
  2. No, everyone appreciates the technology.

12 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. It depends, I will explain in my post....

7 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. kamimel

kamimel New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am so excited because I am getting an ipod touch for christmas, my first ipod ever. I have used my friends before and I know how to use it and what it does. What amazes me that this thing is 4 x 2 inches big, and is a computer and gaming system, mp3 player, movie player/tv, EVERYthing.

For example, there are electronic sudoko games for 10 bucks in zellers and big brain games for the DS for 20 dollars, but you can get these for free on the ipod touch.
    I keep telling my mom how revolutionary it is because she of all people, being born in the 60's , would appreciate how far the world has come to shrink all this technology into a thin, small, box. But she doesnt understand! She just goes "yes dear, thats nice" but I think she will truly understand once she watches me use it for everything, and never touch a computer again, lol. Does anyone else feel this way?

That people don't appeciate the technology?

2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It was revolutionary and amazing the first year. It was evolutionary the secondary.

This time, it feels as of it's lost a lot of what it once had (hype). Apple has let the overall platform stagnate, since 2.0, anyways.

Anyways, don't let my long term regrets kill your excitement. You'll love it, I'm sure.
  3. Jumpman10

Jumpman10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well yes, It is great, But it isnt a computer. By far, There is many things the iPod touch is lacking if you do anything other then browse the internet. I hope you have fun with it though.
  4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They appreciate the technology. They have to be using the technology to feel the power in the time it came out. Not now because of JKK post.
  5. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's nice to see your enthusiasm haha. Yup, I certainly love just how computer-like and convenient the iPod touch is.

I had a moment like that just a while ago when my laptop charger broke. I was left with only my iPod and a wireless internet connection, and after buying Beejive, I was chatting on msn, browsing facebook and surfing the internet like I was back on my laptop. Made me remember just what an amazing little device it is!
  6. Xena

Xena Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have run into a lot of people (adults) who don't even know the
    Touch can get on the net, watch movies, etc.
    Had a client the other day who said to me "what's that thing"?
    and "you mean you can go on the internet with that little gadget"?
    When I began rattling off what you can do with it all she
    could say was, WOW.
  7. Smithy

Smithy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ^Lol to people who've never come across it they are amazing.
    Off topic: love your xmas avatar, Meikura.
  8. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Apple should really change the UI, make it more yours like Hero or even Android, I mean some widgets or things. It's getting old. But it was awesome 2 years ago, it is still very functional.
  9. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    When the iPod touch and iPhone came out, it was huge.

Now, people are unfortunately just used to seeing this type of device.
    While it's a great thing that technology has come this far, people are starting to lose appreciation for it.
    Instead, they're taking advantage of it and not really thinking of how great their device is.

I'm starting to look at computers and devices (iPhone and computers) differently now.
    At first I was all "cool, awesome". Now I look at how much work and science is really poured into it.

It's amazing how far we've come, especially when we think way back to the Stone Ages.
  10. kamimel

kamimel New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well, i wasnt really into technology so i never really heard of it but i saw my friends but they never really talked about it so its new technology to me